The American College of Wellness Provides Networking, Continuing Education and Distinction
The American College of Wellness (ACW) is a membership association centered in wellness support services and resources for health and wellness professionals. With a governing board of highly qualified health and wellness experts, ACW has served the members well for more than 10 years by providing online resources (industry materials including client proposal design), continuing education and professional networking. In 2008, the proprietary certification program in Obesity Management was introduced, and since then has continued to grow and thrive in the field of Wellness. A strategic alliance with Drury University's wellness certicate, in collaboration with the Cleveland Clinic, further establishes ACW's reputable organization focused on innovation and quality.
- Designation as a Certified Professional
- Assure your clients that you are competent to provide professional services.
- Receive press releases to promote your position within your community.
- Networking with Wellness Professionals Across the Nation
- Highlight your business in Wellness Economics or the Medical Wellness Journal.
- Interact with Wellness professionals in the Members Only section.
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Certification in Wellness and Weight Management
- Board Certified Obesity Management Specialist, COMS program.
- Attend National and Regional Conferences for CE credit and networking.
- Receive CE credits onine and through Wellness Economics and Medical Wellness Journal.
- Read online articles and take quizzes for CE credit
COMS provides Education for Weight Management Professionals.
"Educating todays professionals on disease and behavior management for the overweight and obese client."
The Surgeon General charged, "I am calling on all Americans to join me in a national grassroots effort to reverse the current obesity crisis. My vision for a healthy and fit nation includes showing people how to choose nutritious food, add more physical acitivity to their daily lives, and manage the stress that so often derails their best efforts at developing health habits."
"COMS is an answer to the Surgeon Generals Call To Action To Prevent and Decrease Overweight and Obese Individuals."
View more information on the the COMS program.
Being a member provides distinction, networking, and continuing education More...
Certified Obesity Management Specialist
Provides Education and Weight Management More...